Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cowboy Up!

I love the rodeo.
I'm not really sure why precisely. Maybe it's the cute men in tight jeans, maybe it's the raw furious power of the livestock, or maybe it's that I can embrace my country western side without shame.
Or maybe it's all of those things!

All I know is, tonight was a lot of fun. Spike TV (basically tv for guys) is hosting a reality show called 'World's Toughest Cowboy' and they stopped in Indianapolis for the second episode. Who knows? Jack and I could end up on TV! Good thing we got all dolled up in our western duds. ;-) The episode airs February 12th.

The rodeo consisted of three events; bareback bronc riding, saddle bronc riding and my favorite, bull riding. Although I must say that bull riding was a disappointing event tonight. Seemed no one could stay on more than three seconds with a few exceptions.
Jack and I each picked a cowboy to root for; Chad Eubank for Jackie and Bandy Murphy for me. Predictably her boy nearly got disqualified and mine won this round. *wicked grin*

There were also in between events like the women's barrel racing, and children's sheep riding (so cute!). The best half time appearance was Whiplash the capuchian monkey riding a border collie and herding sheep. So adorable, and really funny.

Hopefully I'll be adding some pictures soon so you can see!

'Quel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi 'Quel,

I appreciate your kind words for my book, A Taste For Red!! I'm Soooo happy you liked it! I'm just beginning to get reviews from readers and it's nice to hear positive things. Thanks!

Lewis Harris
http://www.lewisharrisbooks.com/