diversion (noun) ; distraction from business, care, etc.; recreation, amusement, a pastime
also, that which keeps you from what you know you ought to be doing.
I'm going to answer this series of questions and I want all of you, my lovely and exceedingly talented readers, to do me the pleasure of answering them as well so I can get to know you better. You are welcome to answer them in the comments or, if you have one, on your own blogs!
1. Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
If I'm alone, reading a book is preferable. If I'm with friends I'd much rather watch a movie. Although as many of my friends will tell you, I frequently read while watching movies. It can be done!
2. What does your perfect day consist of?
Sunshine, lots of time spent outside, a horseback ride, a photo shoot, independent study of history, class, a crazy adventure with my girls and music.
3. Pick a song that best describes you. Post a short excerpt.
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
Makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
It makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter
4. If money were no object, where would you live and what would you be doing with your life?
I'd spend a year in Africa, a year in Italy and finally settle in some little town in one of the original thirteen colonies (probably Virginia or the Carolinas). I'd be working freelance photography and writing with occasional stints in offices or administration to make up for the lack of money coming in. I wouldn't be rich, but there'd be enough.
5. Share one surefire way to get to your heart.
Wow.
Ever seen Beauty and the Beast, the Disney-fied version? Every time he gives her the library I practically swoon. So translation; the quickest way to my heart is a book. Preferably a library but a book works too. :-D
Also being an animal lover and tolerant of my vegetarianism.
6. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I have come to love and appreciate my name over the years so it's doubtful I'd change it even if I could, but I have always admired the name 'Kennedy' for a girl.
7. What is the best compliment you have ever received?
"I like you. You work hard, you pick up others' slack and you don't complain about it."
This from a very hard to impress boss. I glowed for days.
8. What do you do to cheer up when you're sad?
Pills?
Actually I like to write when I'm sad (although if I'm uber-depressed all I do is sleep). Either that or I love on my animals or watch a ridiculously predictable and dorky tween movie. I don't usually like to talk to people when I'm sad, because I feel like a whiner and then I feel worse.
9. What is your favorite book, and why?
You might as well ask my mother to choose a favorite child!
(although it's probably me. *grins*)
I love almost anything by Jodi Picoult or Jean Plaidy. And I ADORE historical fiction. But that's as much as I can narrow it down, chicklets.
10. Is your life different from what it was five years ago, and how?
Hm. Five years ago... I was sixteen. Yep, it was. I wasn't driving then (indeed did not start driving until eighteen), I was terrified of going to college, and I planned to be a film director. I had a different best friend. 'Bout the only thing that was the same was that my dad was still being deployed and I was a blonde.
That's it for me!
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment