Friday, January 30, 2009

Good Bye, January

Wow. Wow. I really hate that "It's a Small World" bit, mostly because it seems to be obligatory, but also because it's so damn true! I'm always a bit shocked at how ridiculously intertwined my friends, and their friends and their friends' friends are. For instance, a guy in my psych class from Tenessee is friends with a girl I went to middle school with. Makes you wonder how that happens...

You will be delighted to know that I finally got nearly all of my problems straightened out with Purdue. I'd say 93.6% if I had to put a number on it.
You will not really care but should know anyhow that I still have no idea what, precisely, I'm supposed to be doing this fall.
AND you should know that I have eleven eligible books read towards my hundred book a year goal. I really only need to read nine a month, but as someone is constantly at my side pointing out I have so much time on my hands laying around all day doing nothing.

Maybe they're trying to be funny. I just want everyone to know that the joke is old. I can make myself feel bad enough without anyone's help, thank you very much.

I probably shouldn't hit the 'Publish Post' button on this one. I'm feeling a little crabby tonite, I think, although I really had a great time hanging out with my family. We went to see the movie 'Inkheart' which is a totally sweet book. Incidentally they made it into a totally sweet movie without sacrificing much of the content. Probably one of the better adapted novels I've seen in awhile. GO SEE IT!

Oh well, what they hey. I'm posting this. For better or worse. ;-)
After all, you can always go read something more uplifting... like the news.

LOVE!
'Quel

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I love Inkheart! And Inkspell! Dustfinger...

Um, anyway. Haven't read the final book; have you?

'Quel said...

No. :-(
And I only made it halfway through the second one.

I loved the character of Dustfinger in the book, but he was much cuter than I imagined in the movie.