Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Heart Showers

I think there is probably nothing on earth better than a relaxing shower.
Especially a shower with great water pressure.
Don't get me wrong. Baths have their place too. Soaking in a warm bath with a multitude of bubbles, a book and some zen-like music is a little piece of heaven. But since baths are few and far between I enjoy what I have. And what I have is an amazing shower set up.

It's almost worth getting dirty, especially hard work dirty like at the barn or with the dogs, just so I can jump in the shower and get completely clean.

A good shower needs the following things:
- A sufficient amount of hot water. While I am known for my four minute showers (no joke), I prefer to spend twenty to twenty five minutes soaking. Plus I love the steam. And I realize this may go against my 'Be Green' mantra, but sometimes you just need to soak!

- Cleansing, fragrant soaps. I'm addicted to my lavender vanilla scented shampoo and conditioner, but for body wash I like fruity aromas; apple, grapefruit and strawberry are tops.

- Speaking of body wash, you need a loofah. You just do. I mean, come on! It's just fun to say. Loofah, loofah, loofah!

- As mentioned, water pressure. Nothing ruins a shower faster than a drizzle when you want a downpour. If my shower's not attempting to knock me out, its not doing its job.

- Big, fluffy towels. Although not really a part of the actual shower, persay, this is still an essential item. My mom bought me these amazing, huge body towels when I went to college and I still use them. Talk about luxury!

Go forth and shower!

'Quel

1 comment:

Judy S. said...

Go hi-tech instead of the standard raw loofah, go for a loofah mitt and loofah backstrap. Besides, how else are you going to reach those out of the way places?