Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Quiet Days

I love the rain. I especially love rain that rips the world apart with haphazard winds and sheets of water falling from the heavens. I love the threatening gray skies, the heavy clouds, the ominous charge running through the air. I like the feeling of calm blue skies obliterated by a wilder, less controllable force of nature. I don't understand this part of me; what makes me come alive when sanity drives another person indoors for shelter? Why do I thrive on the chaos and thunder that wind and rain bring?
I am genuinely happy when I wake up to the sound of fat drops pelting my windowpanes.

*grins*
Well, we all knew I was wierd. ;-)

Yesterday was another lovely afternoon spent with Auggie. Much to his delight, Mercedes and I showed up only to pamper and play with him. Neither saddle nor bridle were seen or heard from. He recieved a full grooming, the tangles brushed out of his hair and a trim. Plus he got to be a playful little boy in the indoor arena, cantering and bucking like a mustang. He's learning to come when called, which is unusual for a horse!
I'd forgotten how being around the horses makes me happy. :-) I'm so thankful for the beautiful weather we've been having!

Today was spent at the Chambon Farm with my mother and baby sister, Cecilia. It was really nice to see them. While we were there it rained nearly the entire time, even hailing at one point, so we couldn't spend a lot of time outside but we did get a tour of the barn. The Chambons have goats, chickens, dogs, cats and a duck. The daughter, Emily, is Mercedes' age and a friend of mine. We had a good time chatting.

Dinner at Panera with Hannah and some absolutely adorable waiters. Well, we didn't have dinner with the waiters, but they were super attentive. :-P

Tomorrow will be another quiet day. Laundry, school, putting some paperwork in order, updating my resume and trying to find somewhere I haven't applied to work.

I feel a little wierd lately, like I'm existing on the edge of something. It's an emotion I can't quite capture in words.
Odd.
*raises glass*
Here's to finding the words.

'Quel

2 comments:

Hannah said...

Those waiters were cute. Lets go back.

'Quel said...

Heck yes!