Monday, February 23, 2009

The smell of horse...

I had the best experience with Auggie today. I tromped out to the back paddock in my too big rubber boots to collect him for Mercedes' lesson. And it just so happened that even though his pasturemate, a big stubborn draft named Moon, was near the gate, Auggie was back against the fence. Like, a half mile through a muddy minefield. Not really thinking he'd respond, I cupped my hands around my mouth and called, "Auggie! Come here boy!"

He put up his head, turned to look at me and cantered straight for me!
I nearly cried I was so happy.
I love my pony. He is just so precious and heartwarming. He's full of energy and life, obedient but just honorary enough to challenge Mercedes and I's knowledge and skill.
He's perfect.

I mean, I might be a tad biased. XD Judge for yourself!







And you can laugh if you want. :-P I know I'm a crazy animal person.
But I know you love me. And you wouldn't want me any other way!

'Quel (who can't imagine her life without furry friends)

No comments: