I thought about being really ambitious and making a list of 200 somethings but then I came to my senses. ;-)
Instead I'm going to make a list of twenty things I'm grateful for so far this year.
20. Half Price Books. I resisted going to this store for SO long, convinced that I was a faithful Barnes and Noble customer. Now I spend way more time at Half Price Books than I ever did at B&N. Long live secondhand books!
19. The Black Pearl. My amazingly awesome camera, and all his accessories. Long live the Pearl!
18. Webcams. A great way to keep in touch with people who are far away. I've never been more grateful for technology's advances.
17. Malachi, Izzy, Hank, Daisy, Mei and Qwyn. I love my animals. And I LOVE cuddle time with my animals.
16. Cuddling. Self explanatory, I think. ;-)
15. The Camera Lens. This blog! I love that I'm able to write here, and I hope you all get some interesting reading out of it. *grins*
14. Education. Ever since I left Taylor I've realized how much I adore learning and how grateful I am to have the opportunities that I do.
13. Youth. I'm not talking about looks here. I'm talking about being young enough to still feel less inhibitions about trying new things, moving around and starting a new life. I like being my age, and I hope I can say that well into my eighties!
12. Medication. I whine about taking it but my antidepressants and asthma meds make my life livable! I'll also include my health here. I'm thankful for that!
11. Jake's Bible Study. A good group of people.
10. Indy Zoo. No matter how much I may complain I am truly thankful to have a job doing something I enjoy.
9. Wednesday Nights. This is my longstanding card night with my great grandmother and my aunt. This night is amazing. 'Nough said.
8. Auggie. I never in a thousand years thought Mercedes and I would be able to afford a horse. Auggie is amazing, talented, smart and a fantastic first horse.
7. Mercedes, Danny and Cecilia. Now that I'm older, my siblings and I are becoming friends. I like that better than fighting over who gets to pick the channel on tv.
6. Stephen. Anything I say is going to sound cheesy but some of it must be said. A sweeter, more gentle and protective man I've never met. I love him. ;-)
5. My mom. She gets her own category because she's absolutely one hundred and ten percent amazing. My mom puts up with a lot, she annoys me, but I love her and would do anything for her.
4. My dad. I'm so proud of him. He's an amazing, talented and driven man. But he's also a great father. I know that he doubts that sometimes but everyone who knows him knows he's awesome.
3. My grandparents. I love them. They are silly and kind and very hospitable!
2. Safety. A safe place to live, including a fairly steady income. I'm grateful to live somewhere I'm not in fear of my life, or plagued by war and famine. I'm also grateful that I'm in a position to help out people who DO struggle with these issues.
1. God. I struggle and have to make myself stay faithful sometimes, but he's there for me no matter what. The security and consistency is a steadying thing.
... I'm sure there's more but that's what I've got off the top of my head!
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment