I think that if you're rich you should be nice. Or at least decent to your fellow human beings. That's what I learned working Zoobilation 2009 at the Indy Zoo. *deep sigh*
It's nineteen minutes past eleven and I'm waiting for Stephen to call. Today is his birthday and so I will not vent my frustrations and annoyances on him, which is why I am here.... writing.
Tonite was alright. Today started out fantastic, actually. Auggie's grooming kit is officially on its way and I have my car back from the auto mechanics after three weeks of driving the 'boat'. There were no people at the zoo today in preparation for Zoobilation, so I painted yellow goat tracks in the Encounters area. (be sure to stop by and admire my awesome stenciling abilities) The red carpet greet at the entrance to Zoobilation started out fine, but there were, simply put, just a lot of rude rich people. I must just have all the luck because I got crappy response after rude response for much of the night. Luckily a couple people were genuinely nice and seemed interested in the animals. Not to mention treating me like a fellow human being and not a servant girl.
And then, of course, I was handling a snake and got bit. Some of you will remember that I got bit by a snake last year and it did not hurt. Well this time she landed squarely on my forearm and blood spurted down my arm. And it HURT like hell. So I did what any respectable zookeeper will do. I calmly said, 'Well, guess it's time to take her home!' and walked off to the break room to go into shock. I was shaking and frustrated and it took a few minutes to calm down. I'm not mad at the snake (for clarification) just annoyed at the situation. Oh yes, and I got pecked by the chicken, hard, which just added insult to injury.
After that, the evening got a little better. (honestly it couldn't haven't gotten much worse! *grins*) I was convinced I was going home to have a good cry with a tub of Ben and Jerry's but Erin convinced me to stay, and Laura let me borrow her sexy strapless yellow dress so I was properly attired. I tried a Seabreeze (orange juice, cranberry juice and vodka) which was yummy and wandered around eating great food, including this awesome goat cheese salad. So even though I'm still a little down, and UTTERLY exhausted, at least I'm less depressed than I was around seven thirty!
Tomorrow is my Thursday, and I can't tell you how excited I am for my Saturday to roll around so I can sleep till noon. I am SOOOOO tired and I can't seem to find time to catch up on sleep. I know that the lack is going to bite me in the bite here pretty soon.
Much love to you all!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHEN! ;-)
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment