Monday, June 8, 2009

Tergiver-wha?

tergiversation \tuhr-jiv-uhr-SAY-shuhn\, noun:

1. The act of practicing evasion or of being deliberately ambiguous.
2. The act of abandoning a party or cause.

tergiversation comes from Latin tergiversatus, past participle of tergiversari, "to turn one's back, to shift," from tergum, "back" + versare, frequentative of vertere, "to turn." The verb form is tergiversate.

This was my word of the day from dictionary.com. I was tickled pink to get a word that actually challenged me! Especially after several days of 'equine' 'calendar' and other simple words. I'm not precisely sure how to use tergiversation in a conversation without sounding completely pretentious (or misusing it, although if no one else knows what it means it doesn't matter. tergiversation could be a rare species of gender neutral frog).

I went shopping with Mercedes today and I had a fantastic time. :-D I love spending time with my little sister. First we visited Auggie for some much needed loving and grooming time. Tomorrow morning, early, I'll be going out to work him under saddle and try on his brand new halter that we bought! SQUEAL! It's so cute!

Bought a couple summery shirts, some pajamas, some unmentionables (doesn't using that word ruin the point of not mentioning bras and underwear?) and face wash. So, a prodcutive and fun shopping trip in all.

A good Saturday if I do say so myself!

'Quel

No comments: