Thursday, June 4, 2009

June Bugs

As a kid I always used to think June bugs were beautiful, like little jeweled broaches come to life glittering in shades of emerald and topaz. I knew they were unwanted in the same way kids know an explosion of dandelions are unwanted, but loves them anyway. I'd sit under the traps in my grandparent's yard and watch the June bugs dance around the edges. More often than not they'd slide down the slippery throat of the trap bag but I always rejoiced with the ones that got away. That's probably where I started developing my sentimental tendencies towards bugs and other creepy crawlies.

I've mostly been working lately, settling into the rhythymn of persistent and stubborn cheerfulness.

I miss Stephen quite a bit, but I expected that, and so the ache of missing him is considerably easier to bear. He's going through a lot right now and I want so badly to be there to comfort and help him. With any luck I should be visiting him at the end of this month.

My dad comes home in a little over two weeks. I can't quite wrap my head around the idea that we'll have him here with us. I'm a little afraid as well. Things change so much while he's gone, both for us and for him. It'll take some work to get us all running smoothly again. But we're family and we love him dearly.

I've fallen out of the habit of blogging but I'm determined to pick it up again. Things happen that I want to blog about, but I put it off. No more!

Hope everyone is having a restful and enjoyable summer!

'Quel

No comments: