Sometimes one might struggle for good titles to one's blog posts, and so one must resort to trite sayings to get the job done.
Work today was actually quite good. Minimal harassment, although the weather was extremely humid. I was sweat soaked in minutes and stayed in that unenviable state all day. Halfway through the day I got a text from Katie saying that a bunch of the gang was going to Hummel Park for a cook out and did I want to come? I wavered for half a second (it was just so icky out), but then decided in favour of playtime. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! And this girl has been missing her friends. Since the gang usually does stuff on weekends, when I'm working, I haven't been available for the more fun outings like Turkey Run and King's Island (sob!) but little things during the week I can most definitely handle.
And even though I am once again sweat soaked I couldn't be happier. I met a couple new people, and got to play a much needed game of soccer. 5-3, in me and Derek's favour in case you wondered. The food was great. Miss Vegetarian, yours truly, had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and Katie's brownies were fantastic. And the company was even better. We chatted for a long time. A very satisfying three hours at the park. :-)
Ooh! Katie gave me the name of her tattoo artist and offered to go with me to get mine done. Since it's just script, I don't need a lot of prep time so I'm super excited about it. I've talked to a couple guys but none of them seemed to 'fit', so hopefully this artist will be the one.
My dad will be home TOMORROW! I can't hardly seem to believe it. Next time I write dear readers, it will be with my father nearby!!! I don't know how I'm going to be able to keep from bouncing all over work tomorrow. :-D
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment