Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby Goats and Ponies and Chinchillas, oh my!

I am so happy to be back at work. :-D
Also SO exhausted. I yawned through the last half of the day, stumbled into the shower and have been in various states of sleep or relaxation all evening. It is now nine and I am about ready to curl up under the covers and go to sleep.

In some ways it feels like I never left the zoo. Everything I do is simply a refresher course, which makes my work atmosphere really nice. I can work in companionable silence with anyone, without the nervous energy of Am I doing this right? or What do I do now? I was assigned horse work for pretty much the whole week and I am so going to enjoy getting re-accquainted with all the ponies. I'm even being trained to handle 'Monster', our baby-ish Norwegian Fjord who is somewhat of a bully. Only a few people get the dubious honor of training him. Apparently I'm considered bossy enough! ;-)
Besides all of that, seeing my coworkers and being a part of the zoo has been fantastic.
Not to mention that a couple minutes of cooing over the baby goats puts me in a good mood!

There are some downsides to a full schedule. I now have less time for Auggie, my family and friends and writing, but then again, that makes those things much more valuable when they do happen. Although if a day of hard work makes me as tired as I am now I'll never again have a life outside work and sleep!

On a difficult to admit note, I had a pretty severe depressive episode the other day and I am rather dissapointed. I was doing so much better! *muses* Maybe the change in scenery will be a help.

That's all she wrote for now, chicklets. I had more to say but I am truly too tired to write straight. I'm sure I'll re read this later and be ashamed of my grammar and lack of style. Night all!

'Quel

No comments: