Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Kindred Spirit

I read Anne of Green Gables for the first time when I was eleven and I adored the series. Long before I started writing, or understood what constituted a good book, I was drawn to the style and prose of the series. One of my favorite bits, that I remember to this day, is Anne's description of kindred spirits.

There are some people who you just get, and who just get you. With minimal explanation and conflict you fit together, like a puzzle piece you never even noticed you were missing.
A kindred spirit doesn't mean you don't have your differences, or that you are mirror images of one another. The important thing is the quiet peace and acceptance of one another's spirit.
I've been lucky enough to know several people like that in my life.

*muses*
Just listening to the rain fall. Hope the weather turns nice soon. :-)

Tomorrow morning I have my first meeting with Human Resources at the zoo, and then perhaps some Auggie time.

I am currently addicted to... Bleach (the anime, NOT the cleaning substance), playing with my pony and cuddling.

And I'm feeling RaNdOm!!

'Quel

No comments: