I have plants!
I planted twelve pots tonite. Six cactus plants, two catnip, two basil and two mint.
And becuase I have a naming fetish, I found it impossible to put my little plants, er, seeds, out into the world without names.
The cactus plants are named after deserts; Gobi, Sahari, Mahavi, Thar, Nambi and Kalahari. And because of my deep and conflicted love of Shakespeare comedies I chose famous couples for my herb garden. The catnip plants are Beatrice and Benedick of 'Much Ado About Nothing'. The basil are Oberon and Titania from 'A Midsummer's Night Dream' and Kate and Petruccio from 'The Taming of the Shrew' are the mint.
I know. I know. I'm wierd. You love it.
Or if you don't you find it, at the very least, amusing. :p
I plan on putting up some pictures and appraising you all of the progress of my protege. *crosses fingers* Hope for some sunshine soon! The cacti need it!
Today was very rainy, and tomorrow proves to be more of the same. I love rainy days at the zoo. There are very few visitors, chores can go at a slower pace... lots of upsides. Plus there were only four keepers on duty today, including me, and so the whole day was extremely low key. We did chores, and spent a lot of time talking. I read some, did miscellaneous chores and spent some quality time with the cows. All in all, well spent.
I think I'm finally getting used to the hours, and the strain. I love, love, love physical, outdoor work. That may be wierd but I much prefer being out in the weather to sitting at a desk. In that way, zoo work is perfect for me! I can't wait to build up my muscles and endurance. Not to mention work on my sexy farmer's tan! :p
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment