Monday, April 6, 2009

Driving Adventures

The opening episode for The Tudors was EPIC. I am SO happy they decided to continue with a third season and explore Henry Tudor's relationships with Jane Seymour and Anne of Cleves. My Sunday nights from nine to ten are now booked! No text will be answered, no IM will be sent and nothing will get done until the last of the credits have faded from the screen. *happy sigh*

Heh. Okay. Sorry about that, my obsessed fangirl side temporarily took over my body. I'm better now!

Today I got up early and drove to the zoo for my meeting with Human Resources. It took about ten minutes, easy stuff like paperwork and answering basic questions. Since I had time to spare I decided to go get my drug test done right then. I got directions from the lady and set off into downtown Indy; an iffy idea at the best of times for someone who is DC. That is, directionally challenged.
Sadly the health facility was on a one way street and that was probably my downfall. I made it there just fine, did the screening and as I pulled out I was like, 'Okay, if I just make two right turns I'll be back on 10th street'. Riiiight. Two right turns later and I was on 65. As in, Interstate 65.
*eye roll*
I got off on the exit for Michigan Street, which looked vaguely familiar. I decided that I probably needed to pull Charlotte out of my glove box and put her to work.

Random. Why is it called a glove box? Why not a paper box? Or a car drawer?

Charlotte is my erstwhile GPS, so you know. Anyway, there was nowhere to pull over (What?! Parking available in the city? What a novel idea!) so I had to try and enter a destination point while driving. I got so annoyed I was like, 'Whatever. I'll just turn left at the next light no matter where I am.'

And lo and behold, the next left is 10th street.

I have NO idea how that happened.

Needless to say, I survived downtown and I didn't die. No thanks to Charlotte.

'Quel

No comments: