Sunday, April 26, 2009

Charmed

Stomp. Stomp. Stomp.

He's not paying attention.

Stomp. STOMP. Stomp. STOMP.

One eyebrow arches to the sky. "Problem?"

"I. Am. Crabby."

He glances back down at the well worn novel. "Duly noted."

"You're not helping!" I cry as I flop onto the floor.

He rolls his eyes and tosses aside his book. "Come here," he bosses.

I pout my way to the couch, snuggle up next to him, prepare to resist his attempts to charm me out of my black cloud. I can feel the sigh bubble up through his chest just as surely as I can tell he's holding back a teasing smile. One hand caresses the top of my head, ruffling my hair and moves to scratch behind my ear.

Long moments pass. The tension melts from my shoulders. If I were a cat, I'd purr.

"Better?"
His voice rumbles in my ear.

A grin pulls at the corners of my mouth. "Oh, I guess so."

Pause.

"But I'm still crabby!"

"Mmhm."

"I am!"

"Whatever you say, kitten."

________

This is totally not what I meant to write about.

'Quel

No comments: