Thursday, December 3, 2009

Crisp Winter Eve

November is a tired month, and I can say that despite the fact it's my favorite month. Or myabe it's just this past November. But regardless, there was something about December that just woke me up. November is falling asleep on a autumn afternoon but December is waking up to a crisp, cold and cloudy gray morning. Something about December has made me quite prolific in my writing, both public and personal.

I galloped my pony tonite. Well, more accurately I hand-galloped him, which is what a horse does before it flat out gallops and after it canters. Galloping a horse is the most fun, dangerous thing you can do without a license. We tore across the sandy arena in the half-dark and I felt like another creature entirely. It was lovely, and breath taking. Neither of us felt much like working on earth bound things like turning and making perfect circles and trotting sedately so once he was warmed up I simply tapped his side gently and asked him to fly. Auggie happily obliged.

I'm coming down to earth little bits at a time, but before I do perhaps I'll simply bask in the deliious feeling of soaring.

'Quel

2 comments:

The Raven and The Vixen said...

oooh! I'm Jealous! On the other hand, I don't think I could stay on. Congrats sis!

'Quel said...

I think you could. You're more amazing then you give yourself credit for. Trust yourself! *kiss*

Love you, sister!