The exact wording is lost to me in my excitement but after lamenting the weather (ironically the first snowy day of winter-my family is in the wimp category for withstanding cold) my father decided on a whim that we should go to Florida. Like, tomorrow. I think us kids half thought he was kidding so I didn't let myself get excited until later, when he told us to be ready to leave Tuesday night.
Hah! I love being spontaneous in such a wonderful way! Sunshine, sunshine here I come! Oh, I love the beach and the waves and the lighting for pictures and tank tops and sun dresses and warmth. Oh warm, warm days. And friends and family and lazing and reading. Mmm...
This will be a very nice refresher before the nastiness of winter really sets in, and before I have to start classes in earnest and, as Doc says, put my nose to the grindstone. (Where do you think that saying came from?!) As a matter of fact, most of my textbooks came in the other day and I am SO super excited to start studying. I'm sure in about three months I'll be dead and frustrated and sick of studying but right now all I can think of is what all I get to learn!
And while I'm in such a mood for excitement, I have SEVEN delicious books to read. Seven fantastic, amazing, fantabulous unread adventures just waiting to be cracked open and explored. Four were Christmas gifts, one I bought on sale at Books A Million today and the last two were purchases from Half Price Books for under five bucks.
I'm dancing like a little kid filled with excitement. You might as well have told me I'm going to Disney World. Sunshine, waves and new books to read. I've hit seventh heaven!
:-D
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment