Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Winter Begins

dare il benvenuto all'inverno
Welcome to Winter

Isn't Italian beautiful? Of all the languages I wish I knew, Italian is the prettiest.

Today is December first and there must be some truth to the old adage that time speeds as we grow older. Wasn't it January yesterday? Ah well, it will be January again soon. Time is forgiving. No matter how we abuse it, we still get more of it tomorrow! :p I can't remember where I heard that but those aren't my words. Goods ones though, right?

Lest you think I'm a saint (as if you did!) I'm sitting here, cuddled with my kitten, watching the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. I have a strange, unexplored love of lingerie and fashion shows. I have no idea where it comes from but the once a year spectacle that is crazy, outrageous night clothes from Vicky's makes me happy! At the same time, I can admit that the whole thing IS a little ridiculous. Talk about time passing! Only a hundred years ago, one didn't even SPEAK of pajamas, let alone watch other women parade around scantily.

(P.S. The best way to watch the V.S. Show is wearing slouchy sweatpants and eating a plate of chocolate chip cookies. Periodocally mock the models because they wouldn't DREAM of being as daring as you are. :p)

If I sound old tonight it's because I discovered that a beloved toy from my childhood, Kitty Kitty Kittens, is listed as a vintage item on e-bay. You don't know how crushed I am. I'm OLD!!!

*sob*

But at least I'm not my mother. Her old toys were in the Children's Museum last time we visited. :p

*stretches*

Oh, by the way, I am in pain. Excrutiating, ugly pain. From my shoulder blades to the base of my neck. Today was my fourth boot camp training session with Auggie and he about wrenched the reins, and subsequently my shoulder, from me. I also have really pretty bruises on my thighs from the saddle. My more than consolation prize is that Auggie is slowly but surely responding to all the work we've been doing. Granted he's been coming up with new ways to misbehave but at least he's engaging! :p

Well, I've rambled enough for one evening. Enjoy your Christmas preparations, my friends. :-)

'Quel

I made some changes to the blog. You like? I get so bored with the same old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

RAQUEL!!!!! YOU CRACK ME UP! I JUST LAUGHED MY FACE OFF! Seriously though, this post cracked me up. You are so FUNNY! I read half of this post out loud to Paul because it was so funny, lol. Anyways, you are awesome, and I love the new look of blog. Yay, for blog makeovers!

'Quel said...

*grins*

I'm so flattered, Meeka! :-) Tell Paul I said hello, will you? Hopefully I can see you sometime soon!