Sunday, December 13, 2009

Shake Your Wiggles Out

I have been oddly restless all day. I didn't want to read, I didn't want to write. All I could do was try and make time pass in little ways. I took a two and half hour nap, showered for almost an hour, painted my nails and played with my rats.
Maybe it's the wind and rain. It tends to make one forlorn and introspective.

Luckily tomorrow should be a full day so I'll have lots of distracting things to do!

When I was a kid I had this book called "Shake Your Wiggles Out". I thought it was awesome and I tried to match the way the characters were dancing and gliding. Even now I get the urge to shake my wiggles out! I don't want to be sedate and composed! I want to be a relaxed and joyful person who isn't afraid to live up to her responsibilities and yet dance like a little kid when she needs to. Being an adult, so far as I've learned (even though I feel like an imposter!), is about balancing everything you have to do. And some things have to be let go. But I don't ever want to let go of those moments of breathing, of letting my bubbly, energetic and very silly self live free. After all, that side of me keeps the rest of me sane!

I hope all is going well with your holiday preparations. There is only a week and four days until Christmas! :-D

'Quel

No comments: