Sunday, December 28, 2008

The Day After

Well, I got up this morning. It's a small victory but I'll take it.

Actually, all things considered, I'm in a pretty good mood. I had an enjoyable brunch with the sibs and mom at the new IHOP (spinach, swiss and mushroom omelette-Yum!) and I got to see Phil and Daniel at church today. I miss hanging out with the band guys so it was good to catch up.

I have nearly finished moving into my grandparent's house. I've got a few odds and ends that have yet to be unpacked.

It's probably the nature of the beast, but I'm feeling restless and out of sorts. I went from school, purpose and job to nothing. It's a little like floating.... something I don't do well at all. I spend half my time trying to look ahead to see what's coming up.
And with Dad gone, well, it's wierd. He's the captain of our little ship and without him around we drift a little.

But it'll get easier. Five deployments have taught me that!

New Year's Eve is coming up. I'm pretty excited about it. Hannah, Jack and Jen are coming over to hang out. I've got a few surprises in motion that give me something to look forward to! Also, Jack and I are going to try our hand at bar tending. ;-)

I hope you're all doing well. Things are crazy around here but I'll try to post some more interesting things as the New Year comes in. :-D

Much love,

'Quel

No comments: