Friday, December 26, 2008

Not My Words

Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
Ambrose Redmoon


Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.
Mary Anne Radmacher


Sometimes even to live is an act of courage.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca


Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear. Except a creature be part coward it is not a compliment to say it is brave.
Mark Twain


Have the courage to live. Anyone can die.
Robert Cody

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I read these quotes, I instantly thought of G.K. Chesterton - who is awesome. "Courage is almost a contradiction in terms. It means a strong desire to live taking the form of a readiness to die."

Thanks for the prayers - I will be praying for your family and your dad as well. Happy New Years!