Saturday, December 6, 2008

Preface: A Bucketful of Observation

I'm feeling too dark and philosphical to post a happy go lucky "my pick-a-date was awesome" post (which it was), but I hate to not write anything.

So I will say a few things, (some of) which I am going to elaborate on tomorrow.
1) My date tonite really was amazing. Better than that, it was interesting.
2) Life is not fair to good people. And I don't mean me.
3) Today is his birthday. Yesterday he managed to hurt me a little more.
4) Sometimes you reach a point where you are in so much pain emotionally there just isn't a response. I can see how some people might become alcoholics or drug users or whatever. (Please don't have an intervention. :-) It's an observation.)
5) Black coffee and a kindred spirit can cure a lot.
6) I hate cliches, and being a stereotype but sometimes it's unavoidable. After all, those things are cliches and stereotypes for a reason.
7) I hate, hate, hate missing people. I used to be completely friendless and I would never want to go back to that, but having friends brings a new level of complexities to deal with... including ending a relationship.
8) "It's better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all" is complete crap when you think about romantic relationships.
9) Some things really are inherently awkward, but often situations are only as awkward as you make them.
10) I learned a new word tonite. Facetious. As in, much of what Raquel says is facetious. Much of it isn't, but that's beside the point.

Much love,

'Quel

No comments: