Monday, December 22, 2008

The Sweatpant Monlogue

You know how sometimes you have a phrase, or a title, or a line you're just dying to use but there never seems to be an appropriate time to do so?
Like if whats-his-name ever finally spoke to me I was going to be all smart and say in a mock shocked voice "he speaks" before walking off, preferably to fanfare (Hey, don't tell me you don't day dream about such things).

Honestly, (and this is called an aside, ladies and gents) that's one of my biggest temptations and or pitfalls as a writer. Sometimes I love a piece of dialogue or a vivid description so much that I can't bear to edit it out, even if the story will might possibly suffer.

Anyway... the sweatpant monologue... just kind of struck me as a title last week and I've been wanting to use it ever since.

Christmas is swiftly approaching, and with it my stress level is rising. Here are all the (quite valid, I might add) things I am stressing about:

Where to live.
What the hell to do next. My options include classes, Italy, South America, travel of some sort.
Getting a job. I've applied til my fingers have fallen off and no reply. I don't understand... I'm a hard worker.
Money, money and oh, yes, money.
Leaving Taylor and all that entails (YOU try talking to Financial Aid... talk about a headache!)
Spending time with my dad before he leaves.
My dad leaving.
Giving enough time to all the people I love.
Auggie, and those finances.
Finishing college.

Why can't I just relax? Why can't I just wear the comfy sweatpants, chill and take it all in stride?
What is wrong with me?!

.....

That was me breathing and popping my evening pills. Hm, I'm feeling especially quirky and oddball tonite, I see.
The last day in Florida was extremely lovely. Hanging out with my relatives is always a good time. I especially enjoyed lounging with Paul and Adrienne on the bed, trading music, documentaries and movies on our laptops. I love that even though it's been a year and a half since we've seen each other we can talk just as easily as if it's only been a couple days.

I'm alright. Really.
Here's to a relaxing, restful week for everyone.
Besos!

Much love,

'Quel

P.S. Does anyone get the feeling my writing is becoming degenerate? For this I apologize. It's most unseemly. :-p

2 comments:

Hannah said...

If I knew what that word meant, I might be able to answer your last question. =P

'Quel said...

I'm trying to expand your vocabulary, my dear. :-p

degenerate meands to diminish in quality, esp. from a former state of coherence, balance, integrity.

As in, I used to write well and (hopefully) in an interesting manner. I fear my writing has gone downhill. :-)