Mix energy filled 18 to 21 year old college students, a ton of snow and a football together and what do you get?
Awesomeness, of course. ;-)
Which is to say about thirty, thirty five Bergwallers (that's my dorm, Bergwall, for those of you who don't know the school) convened on the snowy lawn at exactly 2300 hours for a much needed study break. It might be lame to say that I looked forward to this event all day but such is the case. Ever since Andrew, Brad, Matt and I walked back from a ridiculous Spanish class, I was hoping that we'd have a dorm snow fight.
After a particular dissapointing dinner at which I completely lost my appetite and had the scabs on my heart picked at, I desperately needed something to distract me. And my friends and fellow dorm dwellers did not dissapoint.
I was a little worried I wouldn't know anyone but Emily Kramer was outside, along with Katrina, Caitlin, Liz, Matt, Brad, Ben and half a dozen people I know by face and conversation but not name.
We tossed around snowballs for awhile (my aim grew progressively worse as the night went on... a hazard of cheap gloves and frozen fingers) until the guys decided to play rugby. Too bad I never learned despite having lived in Ireland for three months. So I mostly just tried to avoid getting tackled and whenever I had the ball I threw it to Matt or Brad or Kramer. Yep, no use getting my head split open for a game I don't particularly care for. Now if it had been soccer. :-)
Our team won, actually, and that was cool.
And then we went back to playing snowballs until Matt decided my aim was getting too good (I nailed him three times in a row!) and he wrestled me to the ground and shoved snow in my face. Not before I got him, by the way. It's too bad for him that his hair's so long... it held lots of snow. ;-)
And of course Ben had to get in on it, and his aim is much better.
*grins*
Okay, so maybe that doesn't sound fun, but it was! Well, not the snow in my face part, but the playing around like all of us were just children.
I love snowball fights.
I love the pure physical aspect of wrestling and falling and running.
I love my school, for the next few weeks that it is still mine.
And I didn't even have trouble breathing. Kudos for my meds!
You've got to say one thing for us Taylor students stuck in the middle of a cornfield. We're inventive.
It's just sad that it's taken me so long to discover all these amazing people I'm just now becoming friends with.
.... yep, this is what I'm going to miss about Taylor.
Much love,
'Quel
By the way, thawing is a painful process.
And I'm sorry if this post sounds disjointed. I wanted to write it all down while it was fresh in my head but a combination of tired fingers, an aching hip (THANKS A LOT MATT), and a muddled thought process does not make for effective word flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment