Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Never Neverland

I'm sitting on my bed eating IHOP pancakes, listening to Katy Perry, drinking apple juice and thinking about how much I hate being an adult.
It's hard.

Being an adult is losing the highschool mentality of needing to go to the bathroom in groups.
It's realizing that your actions really do affect more than just you. And it's acknowledging that, sometimes, you have to make those painful decisions anyways.
Instead of snapping or lashing out at someone, you have to work things out. You really, really cannot be immature. You have to decide what's more important... your friendships or your own selfish agenda.
It's finding balance between the new and the old, your friends and family... your life, or the life you're creating.

Again, it's hard.

I don't know if I'm brave enough for this!
Anybody got Peter Pan's number?

The family is going to Florida. We'll be leaving tommorow evening after the baby sister's violin recital. I should be able to blog while I'm gone. If not, you'll know why! ;-)

Voted most likely to end up on the back of a milk box drink
Looks like I'm lettin em down
Cause seven, seventy-five isn't worth an hour of my hard work and time
When you cant afford half the stuff they advertise
Ohh I'm worth more then they ask more then the toe-tag generation full of regret
Ohh I won't settle noo, ohh I can't settle

I wanna break the mold, I wanna break the stereotype
Fist in the air I'm not going down with out a fight
It's my life and I'm not sitting on the sidelines watching
It pass me by
I'm leaving my fingerprints
I'm leaving my fingerprints
On you

Fingerprints by Katy Perry

Much love,

'Quel

No comments: