Monday, December 15, 2008

Grooving

I got to drive the Escalade to Upland.
Let's just bask in the awesomeness that is the Escalade.



Part of the reason was the headlight deal. I couldn't possibly drive with a busted headlight! *grins* And most of it was because I have the most amazing, generous grandparents in the world.
So yesterday around 3:30, Hannah, Jack and I loaded up the Escalade and headed north to visit Jen for our (second) annual christmas cookie baking party.
Wow, that's a mouthful.

Jen and I tackled gingerbread, while Jackie and Hannah whipped up a batch of sugar cookie dough.
The result?
Our cookies were hard enough to play hockey with. I always thought that was just a humorous sitcom device... but no, you can really bake rocks.
Hannah and Jack's cookies were marginally better. At least they were soft enough to eat but the taste was not so good.
Who knew we could screw up SUGAR COOKIES?!?!

Oh well. Wasn't really the point anyway; relaxing and hanging out with the girls was. And we had a lot of fun. We're such a diverse group of people but we complement each other well.
Not that we don't argue or disagree, but I like to think we're mature enough to handle differences. :-P Well, as much as a pillow fight can solve an argument.

Sunday night we picked up Subway (while blaring Taylor Swift and Pussycat Dolls alternately) and watched 'When A Stranger Calls', which is one of my favorite scary movies to scream at, followed closely by 'Mean Girls'. We talked for awhile and then went to Wal-Mart to pick up some cookie stuff. Wal-mart at night is SO wierd. It's like... wierd central. Talk about a creative writing opportunity!
Jack and I had ditched the other two and were checking out pajamas when I happened to notice some guy checking us out. I use the word guy loosely because he was probably a freshman in highschool. If that. Two seconds later he comes over with his two cronies (always wanted to use that word) and goes, "Can I get a picture with you two? My friends don't think I can."
I didn't really give Jackie a chance to respond-although I doubt she could have said anything 'cause she was laughing really hard-before I said, "Sure, why not?"
O.o
Boys. Highschool boys.
Predictably he asked for our numbers as we walked off. I made up a fiance. His name is Bobby. ;-) Or it was until Jackie made him/me change it. Now he's Steven and I've dedicated Taylor Swift's 'Hey Stephen' song to him.

We went to bed kind of early, and in the morning I made omelettes and cinnamon rolls. Hah... not from scratch. That's what Pillsbury's for.
Then we picked up cookie stuff we'd forgotten the night before and made cookies.

And now I'm back at the grandparents' house, chilling with Jackie.
But not Hannah 'cause she's lame. ;-)

It was really wierd seeing Taylor. It still feels like home.
It's probably too soon for me to stop being home sick for the school. One day at a time, my friends.

Filled out yet another application for a job. Here's hoping I get something soon.

Much love,

'Quel

... I feel wierd about this post because I feel like I don't really have anything important to say. This is just one of those 'this happened and then this happened' kind of things.

No comments: