Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ignorance ain't bliss

Who came up with that saying? Ignorance may be bliss, but it's a false, unprepared bliss. Give me cold, hard truth anyday.
Hey, I'm not saying the truth is easy to hear. I don't love it but I would always, always rather have the truth over a lie. I can't prepare for what I don't know and as painful as the truth might be, false comfort is no comfort at all.
Plus, if you're not giving me the truth, it's like you think I'm not strong enough to take it. Which I find insulting.

Sure, there's difference between protecting someone and laying all your cards on the table. From personal experience, it's a fine line to walk.

Of course we all know ignoring someone isn't the way to go. ;-)

Speaking of (oh, were we?)
I think it's a good sign when I've moved on from missing the boy to missing being in a relationship. It also helps that I know I won't have to see him anymore. One perk of not being at Taylor... (about the only one sometimes!). I can relax 'cause it's doubtful I'm going to run in him around my neighborhood.
And I don't mind being single. I've been single for most of my life and I enjoy it. And that's not sour grapes, my friends, that's just me. :-)

For instance, I've been spending a lot of quantity and quality time with Hannah and Jack. A evidenced by our video uploads on facebook. XD If there's anything I'm learning lately, it's how blessed I am in friendships.

Family's off to Florida! I'll be taking pictures and writing when I can.
Hope everyone's break is awesome.

Much love,

'Quel

No comments: