This was schedule to post yesterday but the internet around here is iffy.
Riding in a car for seventeen hours -that quickly turned into no less than twenty two- is a unique experience that I recommend to absolutely no one.
Especially at night. One, insomniacs have a hard time sleeping in their own familiar environment... sleeping somewhere new is never good. Add to that bench seats, long legs with no leg room and a van about to bounce off the road and you have a new sort of torture. Let me tell you, baby, I'd sing like a canary after another twelve hours of that.
Suffice it to say, I ended up sleeping on the floor wedged between the middle seat and the back seat. Back pain ensued. I got about four solid hours of sleep. Eh could be worse!
And all that’s not to say I'm not appreciating the destination. Florida, unlike much of life, never fails me. It is always hot and humid. I actually like it. I love the feel of the oppressive heat as it warms my skin and weighs me down. Yeah, call me crazy. We all have our quirks!
Today we hit the beach and I’m hoping to get some pictures of my family.
Plus I’m really looking forward to seeing my cousins Paul and Adrienne on Sunday!
We brought Daisy (henceforth known as ‘Bug’) along with us and she’s been surprisingly well behaved for a puppy. She was a little shy to play with my aunt and uncle’s dogs, Dumpster and Suzie, but once I sat on the ground and encouraged her she started running around like a maniac. Even cuter, she’s been using me as ‘base’. So when Dumpster becomes too scary for her she yips and takes a flying leap into my lap.
Much love,
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment