Tuesday, November 18, 2008

22° and falling

It's snowing.

:-)

But don't you dare mention the 'C' word around me until after Thanksgiving, thank you very much.

I almost neglected to say that yesterday/today (the seventeenth) was a really good day.
After a frustrating weekend (I was emotionally drained heading into the weekend-my friends were awesome but I’m still struggling with some issues) I decided that enough was enough.

I’m making the decision to move on with my life. I can’t control someone else’s actions: I can only control my response. And my response is to stop sitting around and waiting. So in a fit of productiveness I worked on homework, paid attention in class, and made an effort to talk to people. I chatted with Lehr, walked to breakfast with Dan, and stopped by Housholder’s office to discuss my story and a half a dozen other things.

(random aside… is it weird that I call guys by their last names?)

I took off early from work and tried ridiculously hard not to be so introspective that I forgot to breathe. I even opened the door to our room and had a couple people stop by.
Which has the added benefit of motivating me to clean my room. ;-) A project for tomorrow/today, I think.

I think one of the worst parts about depression is that you are incredibly selfish, and in the moment. You are incapable of living and planning for the future because the right now is so unbearably hard ... so I've been trying really hard to look forward, and find hope and excitement in little things.

Day by day, although an oft used cliche, has never meant so much to me. I can live if I just take it one or two steps at a time.

Let my soul be at rest again.
Psalm 116:7a

Much love,

'Quel

No comments: