I have a theory.
I'm sure that sometime in your life you have either contemplated or been asked what you would do with a million dollars. Most answers' are fairly predictable. Charity of some sort makes it on the list, as does new cars or homes or whatevers. Sometimes people have places they want to visit or loans they'd like paid off. One young man I know would like to place a hit on someone. Still, nothing too revealing.
Which brings me to my theory. You can find out more about what a person values by asking them what they'd do with a much smaller sum of money. From the title of this post, you've already guessed that that amount is twenty dollars. I've gotten some much better answers asking this question than the million dollar one.
For instance, the young man who wanted to place a hit on someone changed his answer to using the money towards taking his girlfriend out on a date. My roomate Annaliese told me she'd buy food. (This probably comes from our preoccupation with good food since what we eat at Taylor is akin to some juvenile detention centers). If I remember correctly, Hannah may have said a CD, or a pair of shoes.
If someone turns the question back on me, I always say the same thing.
A good book and a cup of coffee.
Much love,
'Quel
3 comments:
Shoes are GREAT. So would be a new CD. But nowadays, I'd say I would spend it on gas money to go to New Albany. =]
I like this question by the way. Much better than the million dollar question.
My first inclination would be to find a used book store under the premise that if one good book is good, ten good books are better. Then I'd feel guilty and consider buying some sort of train-related toy for my son. But he doesn't need any more toys. Of course I probably don't need more books.
Great question. Please don't give me twenty dollars.
Hannah: Hah! I should've guessed! See, like I said, revealing. ;-)
Housholder: I completely forgot about used book stores! I could probably buy a couple good reads there. :-) And no problem about the twenty bucks... I'm lucky when I've got two quarters to rub together!
Post a Comment