Well, you know the rest. At least you do if you're into overdrawn classics set in the Civil War era with swooning women and stern men. Which I'm not. Probably why I've never sacrificed three and a half hours of my time to watch (suffer through?) 'Gone With The Wind'.
But the line, people. The line is priceless!
Today was... predictable. Hence the Rhett Butler quote.
It's hard to believe I'll be twenty one in three days. For one, I already feel twenty one. Mostly because I've been thinking 'twenty one' for the last couple of months. And for the life of me I don't really know why. I mean, it's not about the drinking. I only like wine and I have that at my house occasionally so I don't care.
Secondly, age seems to matter less and less as I get older. Not that I'm old. I know I'm still young, but I'm past the 'all about me' day. Hey, don't get me wrong, I like presents (show me someone who doesn't) but it's not the point.
And finally, I've never felt less like celebrating than I do this week. At this point I'd be more than happy to just skip ahead to next Monday.
I know I've been evasive about why I'm so out of it and gloomy lately but I don't really want to write about it. Writing about it makes it real. Just pray for me if you think of it.
*sigh*
Much love,
'Quel
1 comment:
Evasiveness is a writer's right, certainly. Writing things does make them real. It also makes them concrete, with edges, that sometimes you can see beyond.
Post a Comment