Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Sleeping Pill Rant

Did you know that sleeping pills only cover twenty nights of sleeplessness? At 10$ bucks a bottle, that's not so great. I mean, sure, fifty cents a night but c'mon! That's assuming that the pills even work at all and don't land you in what I like to call a 'lethargic coma'. Which is where your body becomes like stone -incredibly weary and impossible to move- and yet your mind stays active.

Yeah. BIG help Tylenol P.M. Extra Strength. Thanks ever so.

If I wanted to feel MORE tired and yet still unable to sleep I'd do that to myself instead of paying fifty cents for the pleasure.

My other favorite part about sleeping pills? They're 'non-habit forming'. HAH!
What they mean is that you will not become chemically dependent on them. However, if you can't sleep, you'll reach for -you'll never see this one coming- your sleeping pills!

And I've got to wonder how much of it is psychological. Like, the vanilla caplets (why we need flavours when we just swallow the damn things is beyond me) seem to work better whereas the gel caplets give me problems. Is that simply because they have different ingredients? Does the vanilla affect the serotonin levels in my brain differently? Maybe it's because people have told me that gel doesn't work as well for them... so I'm transplanting? (transplanting? What the-so not the word I'm going for).
I've also noticed that when I'm upset or dead tired beyond belief the pills can only do so much.

I need some stronger stuff. Maybe it's time for a prescription?

Forgive me. I'm just tired, no, exhausted, and emotionally drained.
In fact, let's pretend this never happened.
Hold out for something more interesting next time. Like the soccer playoffs. ;-)

Much love (what left I have to give after sleepless nights),

'Quel

1 comment:

Hannah said...

=[ I'm sorry. I hope you get some sleep very soon! I like you best when you are rested and healthy!... but I guess I also like you when you're unrested and unhealthy... so... this post is pointless. ha ha!