Thursday, November 27, 2008

Breaking The Habit

If you need it to live, does that make it an addiction?
Random thought.

I have a lot of habits. Chances are if you're human, you do, too. In fact you might right now be engaged in a habit of checking your favorite (I flatter myself here) blogs before downing a cup of tea and heading off to bed. I dunno. That's a guess.
We are, cliche of cliches, creatures of habit. We might say we like change or new things, but we are generally most comfortable when we go through the same patterns.

And this isn't an argument against forming habits, despite what the header might imply. It's more of a... musing, about their significance.

Not that there aren't habits I wouldn't mind breaking. Or starting.
1) I'd like to start setting and holding to a specific time for doing homework and writing each evening. This entails breaking the habit of coming back to my room and crashing on my bed with a good book in hand.

2) Walking the dogs! They need it, I enjoy it, but I'm so lazy sometimes! It's too cold, or too hot, or I just plain don't wanna. I can't even say the word 'walk' in my house without flinching because the pups know what it means (even spelled!) and give me the most mournful looks...

3) Balancing my checkbook immediately. Really. It's sad.

Or, you know, I'll continue in my wayward ways (!) until kingdom come. *grins*

Much love,

'Quel

No comments: