Hey. I'm making it a word.
It's snowing again.
I know this not because of my exceptional weather forecast skills, but because I just drove an hour and a half from home back to Taylor in that delightful stuff.
Dark + Snow + Tired Semi Drivers + Tiny Car That Has Bad Windshield Wipers = No Good.
*sigh*
Winter seems intent on coming with so much as a 'by your leave'. I mean, who asked it to come? Maybe it's the pessimist in me that skips straight past the joyful 'it's so pretty! isn't it beautiful out?' to 'oh my gosh, I am freezing to death already, and I have to drive in this'
Even though it's irrational, once winter comes I just have the sense that I'm never warm again until spring. I shiver for months.
Anywho. The reason I drove to my house and back tonite (three hour round trip!) was to watch 'The Lion King' stage show at the Murat Theatre in Indy. And now that I'm snug and semi-toasty in my bed, I'm glad I went. I can rave for hours, but I'll limit myself to three things.
The costumes were extravagant, and beautiful, and tasteful, and evocative and a hundred other great descriptors like those. They were (obviously) Africa-inspired and they were so lovely to look at. And even better, each costume fit the character perfectly! For instance, Zazu's puppeteer had on a bowler hat and a suit with some crazy stripes to show his stuffy personality. I suppose I should include the puppets themselves in this part, too, since they were such an integral part of the costumes.
Choreography. You forgot you were looking at stage actors- you saw the animals they portrayed. They moved with such grace. And there were all dance styles, from elegant ballet to high energy hip-hop routines. I love to watch dance, and these dancers were the best.
The singing. The Nala's were my favorite voices to listen to. Young Nala had a beautiful voice and form, and I could've listened to adult Nala sing for a lot longer than I did. She had one song where she was the sole performer and it was one of my favorites of the night.
And now I have to get up in six hours for a class I'm not adequately prepared for, and face a weekend I'd rather not.
For one, I won't get a shower in until after my eight o' clock. Two, my mp3 player is not charged so I'll have no music to listen to as I trudge to my class, nothing to distract from piercing snowflakes and tear jerking wind. Three, I have a lot to do this weekend.
And four... apparently I like to complain about trivial things. *grins*
Let's see. I can think of a couple things to be thankful for.
Hannah's coming to visit. I got the see 'The Lion King' broadway play. I'm not completely broke. I have awesome, amazing, supportive friends. I have a nice, warm, cozy *yawn* bed to sleep in.
Okay, I'm off to bed. I'm sure I'll read this in the morning and wonder what I was on.
Much love, (and warmth!)
'Quel
No comments:
Post a Comment